I found this idea in a store and decided that instead of spending lot of money on them I would make it myself! Easy right?
3 – 12″x12″ blank back stapled canvases (I buy them in bulk at Michael’s when they have awesome coupons) – $6.00
1 – white acrylic paint (dollar store is great for easy colours) – $1.00
1 or 2 – background colour(s) of your choosing (I used a robin’s egg blue & purple, from Michael’s with coupon) – $1.50 each
1 – wide acrylic paint brush – $4.00
1 – roll of painters tape (I had some lying around, its usually pretty cheap though)
Total cost for this project: $14.00
- Lay out some old newspaper to create your super easy masterpieces
- Paint each canvas with the white paint, let dry and paint again (make sure to paint the outer edges of the canvas)
- Let them all dry and just create your art work using the painters tape. (I doubled up a few of the pieces of tape to make wider lines, and I also cut some of the tape pieces in half to make thinner lines.)
- Paint over the edges of ALL of the painters tape (this will help prevent any of the coloured paint seeping underneath the tape later, I promise). Let dry and run over the same lines again
- Once dry, paint over the whole canvas again in the colour of your choosing (making sure to get all the edges too!)
- Let dry, and paint again with the coloured paint
- Let the canvas dry COMPLETELY
- Gently peel the painters tape off the canvas to reveal the easy, simple, yet beautiful art you’ve created!
Seems easy enough right?
This could also be done on larger canvases, smaller canvases, or even multiple sizes to hang together.